Gregg Amore's Policy
The Secretary of State plays a vital role in facilitating and overseeing the creation and dissolution of Rhode Island businesses. We must continue breaking down barriers to entrepreneurship and provide support for all Rhode Islanders who are seeking to start their next business, whether a new neighborhood restaurant or a global cybersecurity firm. We will do our part to make Rhode Island a place where people come to do business to support local jobs, create a stable tax base, and grow our economy.
As Secretary of State, I am committed to expanding the outreach and engagement efforts to those communities that have been historically underrepresented as entrepreneurs and business owners. We can continue to improve on how we provide necessary services such as licensing notaries and maintaining the corporate database. In 2022 there should be no need to physically visit the Secretary of State offices when this work can continue to be done online.
When elected the next Secretary of State, I am committed to:
- Helping Rhode Islanders start new businesses
- Working to ensure underrepresented communities know the resources available to them
- Making it easier to dissolve a business
- Continuing to move as many services online as possible
- Continuing to facilitate and expand online workshops to help businesses navigate the start-up process, including MBE’s and WBE’s
- Continuing to improve the SOS.ri.gov website in order to make it as intuitive and as navigable as possible